We love home made chicken nuggets in our house and this recipe is one I have been testing out recently, the addition of cheese is genius and although a little messy to make they are much better than shop bought ones.
400g Chicken breast
2-4 Slices white bread (depending on how big/thick your bread is, do less you can always make more)
40g Plain flour (you can season with some salt and pepper if you like)
60g Cheese (I use cheddar but you could use other hard cheeses such as parmesan)
1. Preheat the oven to 180c
2. Place the flour into a bowl, in a separate bowl whisk the egg.
3. In a food processor blitz up the bread to make fine breadcrumbs and pour into a third bowl
4. Grate the cheese finely and mix into the breadcrumbs
5. Slice the chicken into chunks or fingers if you prefer
6. Dip the chicken into the flour, then the egg then the breadcrumb mix until well coated, place the nuggets on a baking tray and cook for about 15 minutes (turn half way through cooking) until they are golden brown and sizzling.
7. Serve with your choice of potato (we have herby wedges) or a salad.