I have been trying to eat less wheat and gluten in my diet, it doesn't agree with me and makes me feel lethargic and to be honest not that great. I do however love cake so have been trying hard to find recipes for gluten free cakes that taste great, are easy to make and will also be eaten by family too.
These brownies are great on their own but with the addition of creme eggs make the perfect easter treat, pretty certain the addition of anything else chocolate related would be great.
225g Unsalted Butter
225g Dark Chocolate (70% minimum)
3 Medium eggs
200g Caster Sugar ( I use golden)
1tsp Vanilla Essence
175g Ground Almonds
Creme Eggs, mixture of full size and mini or just full size if you prefer, cut in half.
1. Pre heat the oven to 170°C, line a 23cm square baking tin with tin foil or baking parchment.
2. Break up the chocolate and cut the butter into small squares, place in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and heat until melted, set aside to cool a little.
3. Whilst the chocolate mixture cools, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence together until it is smooth and creamy in texture, you can use a hand whisk for this.
4. Once whisked, slowly pour the chocolate into the egg mixture and keep stirring, you can use a spatular to do this, folding in the chocolate and egg until combined.
5. Fold in the ground almonds until completely combined and then pour into the lined baking tin.
6. Place the creme eggs equally over the top of the brownie, best to think about how you are going to be cutting it up into pieces.
7 Place in the centre of the oven for around 25-30 minutes, it should be set on top and a skewer or sharp knife inserted into the middle should come out with a little of the mixture attached to it. It will continue to cook in the tin and you want it nice and gooey so don't leave until it is too dry.
8. Using the tin foil you should be able to lift out of the tin without too much effort, whilst it is still warm use a knife to cut into squares.
These gooey and tasty brownies make the perfect treat and are great for any creme egg lovers, served warm with a scoop of ice cream or simply with a cup of tea.
Please note the ingredients I used were all checked to be gluten free, please ensure you do the same.